3 Important SEO Strategies Your E-Commerce Store Can’t Ignore
While smaller or newer businesses do not often have the scale of operations a large company might have, one thing is clear about the digital age: It has allowed businesses of all sizes equal footing in marketing. With the right digital marketing practices, your e-Commerce website could go toe to toe with the online retail giants. Among these practices—and perhaps the most important—is Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
However, with the many changes in user habits and search engine protocols, SEO now goes beyond repeating the relevant keywords over and over. As such, we have compiled this list of SEO tips and tricks to improve your rankings on the most popular search engines. After all, a lot of excursions through the internet begin by typing words into a search bar, so SEO is definitely not an aspect of digital marketing you can ignore.
Read on to learn more about these techniques:
1. Tie in your relevant information
More often than not, customers are looking for an answer to a question or a solution to a problem. If this solution is a product or service that you might provide, that means your product page must have all the relevant details on it. It must contain the product’s specifications, instructions for use, selling points, and so on.
This ensures that a search will better associate your product with customer queries that involve it. The more relevant the information is to the customer, the more likely the product page or website will be considered a meaningful answer to user inquiries.
2. Design with convenience and ease as your goal
One of the most important aspects of digital marketing and SEO is web design. Your website must be designed to be convenient, which generally means the following:
- It loads quickly. Studies have shown that even a one-second delay in load time can lead to a 7% drop in conversions.
- It is easy to navigate. It must be straightforward and easy to understand.
- There is a minimal number of clicks from your landing page to the checkout page. It should get your customer to the checkout page as quickly as possible so that they don’t get a chance to hesitate.
- There are no surprise charges. All additional charges like delivery and tax fees should be made known to the customer as soon as possible in the payment process.
- It allows guest checkout. Customers concerned with security or just prefer faster checkout processes should not have to be forced to make an account to buy your product or service.
The better and easier to navigate your website is, the more likely you are to rank higher in search results.
3. Your website must help your brand
By helping your brand, we mean that it should be well-designed with a URL that is easy to remember. It must be aesthetically pleasing, in addition to providing enough relevant and important information. The better the overall experience on your website, the better it is for your brand.
This also means that your SEO practices heighten your brand’s association with certain concepts and queries, making it more likely that people find you and purchase your products and services.
Whatever product you might sell or industry you might cater to, it is vital to use the right digital marketing and SEO techniques so that you might have an easier time finding loyal, paying customers. The digital age is competitive and unforgiving, but with the right strategies, you could carve out a piece of the market and help your business grow to greater heights.
If you need the help of an SEO and digital marketing agency in Orange County for your next advertising campaign, send us a message at Analytics Beyond. We have what it takes to level up your business, wherever you may be in North America.